|Grilled Wild Alaska Salmon with Tarragon Mustard Sauce || ||
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
Total time: 37 mins
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 clove minced garlic (1 tsp)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- salt and pepper
- 3 pounds salmon filets or steaks
- Gently whisk together Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, horseradish, honey, shallot, garlic, and chopped fresh tarragon.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings accordingly. Salt and pepper to taste, add honey if it’s too mustardy, or add horseradish if you want it hotter. Let the flavors in the sauce meld for at least 15 minutes.
- Fire up the grill to medium high heat.
- Remove pin bones from salmon.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and place show-side down on clean, well-seasoned, and oiled grill grates. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLIP, MOVE OR TOUCH THE SALMON IN ANY WAY. Cook until it’s about 60% cooked through, or for approximately 4 minutes and proceed to carefully flip. Cook on skin side for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until it's done to your liking.
- Remove salmon from the grill and allow it to rest for a few minutes.
- Serve with a generous spoonful of the Tarragon Mustard Sauce.
Recipe by at http://www.livingalaskaproject.com/grilled-wild-alaska-salmon-with-tarragon-mustard-sauce/